Buying A Used Model at Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick
Buying a pre-owned Buick, GMC, or Chevrolet vehicle should be exciting for customers in Calgary, AB, but that only tends to be the case if the buyers come into the experience having done the legwork necessary to make the transaction go as smoothly as possible. If you’re not sure what the legwork involves, here’s a quick step-by-step guide to follow so you’re prepared for your pre-owned vehicle purchase here at Shaw GMC Chevrolet Buick.
- Figure out how much you can afford. Nothing is worse than setting your sights on a vehicle that you find out is outside of your budget, so do you your homework on prices. Our website provides photos, specs, and prices of all of our available models.
- Make a list of cars you like and can afford. We have a fantastic inventory of pre-owned GMC models, Chevrolet models, and Buick models, so compare those against your budget and make a list of some you’d like to test drive.
- Check vehicle history reports. We are constitutionally against selling lemons, but any smart consumer would double-check vehicle histories anyway, even when buying from a reputable dealership like our own. You need to be comfortable with the vehicle you’re buying, and knowing its history ensures that.
- Do some test driving. The next step is to head out to the dealership and see how you feel about your targeted vehicles in person. We love a good test drive, and you should, too.
- Negotiate a price and work out financing. We have great financing people in-house who are dedicated to getting you the best loan terms possible, so make it easy on yourself and use our financing department once we’ve all agreed to a price!
The bottom line is we want to make the process of buying a car as easy as possible. Hopefully these steps help, and as always if you have any questions, just call or stop by our dealership and we’ll help you through the car buying process!